Happy Wednesday y’all 🙂
I hope you all have had a superb day
So we’re currently in Autumn/Fall here in South Africa, but it’s been so unbearably hot that one would think it’s still summer. So whilst looking through my eyeshadow palettes, I realized I haven’t done a makeup look for you guys using the Mar palette which was part of Colourpop’s Summer Collection 2018.
I was very intimidated by this palette when I initially got it, just because blues are a little more difficult to work with than other shadows, however these did not pose a challenge. They apply well and blend with ease. I have used the browns/bronzy shades before and they perform really well. I do have a full review of the palette and will link to it below if you are interested…
Step by Step Eyes:
- With a blending brush, I buffed Sorbet into my crease and slightly above.
- Taking Top Down, I patted it on the outer third of my eyelid and wedged it into the crease, creating a slight outer-v shape.
- I then took the shade Detour on a flat brush and patted it on the centre of my eye lid overlapping a little of Top Down, almost creating an angle that will connect one colour to the next
- Taking Gridlock on a flat brush, I patted it from my inner corner to meet Detour.
- I smudged Top Down with a pencil brush on my lower lashline.
- To highlight my inner corners and brow bone I used the shade El Rey.
- I used the Eyeko eyeliner, to line my upper lid and Maybelline Colossal Kajal 12hr Argan Oil eyeliner on my waterline. For a mascara I used the Wander Beauty Unlashed.
- To finish off I added some falsies from Eyelash Boutique.
- Primer – Touch In Sol No Pore-Blem Primer
- Foundation – Maybelline 24hr Superstay Full Coverage Foundation in the shade Caramel Beige
- Concealer – Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in the shade Medium
- Foundation Powder – Nyx Stay Matte But Not Flat in the shade Warm Beige
- Translucent Powder – Yardley Absolute Loose Powder
- Bronzer – The Balms Take Home The Bronze in the shade Greg
- Contour – Nyx Contour and Highlight Pro Palette
- Blush – Mac Fleur Power
- Highlighter – Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in the shade Peach Lights
- Setting spray – Milani Make It Last Setting Spray
- Lipstick – Makeup Revolution Renaissance Lipstick in the shade Takeover
- Lip gloss – Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Shimmering Lip Paint in the shade Insta Famous
Let me know if you guys have tried out this palette and your thoughts on it. I hope you guys have a blessed night and I’ll talk to you all soon.